Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to my blog! So before we begin I thought I would tell you how I came about the idea to write a restaurant review blog. It all started with Saratoga's Restaurant Week. I was looking through the list of places to go and had the sudden realization that I hadn't heard of half of them! How is it possible that I've been living in Saratoga for so long and had never heard of so many restaurants? This is particularly surprising given my undying love of food. I pretty much love anything that has to do with food - cooking it, buying it, talking about it, and EATING it. Going out to eat is one of my favorite things to do, and it's not that I have particularly high standards, but I believe that restaurants should take pride in their work. After all, food is an art!

So I've decided to stir things up a little bit. I want to explore as many restaurants in Saratoga as I can, and I'm going to report back what I discover. We're talking atmosphere, service, budget-friendliness, allergy accommodation, and of course the food itself. It's going to be great, get ready.

So you may be asking yourself, where did she go after realizing that she hadn't been to many of the Restaurant Week options? Well I was meeting up with a friend for happy hour last Friday and we decided to go someplace we had never been: Gaffney's. To be honest, I had been there before, but only very, very late Saturday nights to enjoy their slightly stale popcorn if you catch my drift. To be honest, I didn't even know they served food!

Well I can tell you, it was definitely a pleasant surprise. After ordering our $3 draft beers and a couple of orders of calamari we settled ourself in the corner of the bar. Actually - our bartender settled us there. We had the most amazing bartender who first saved us from a creepy man at the bar by sitting us at a table and then told us the best way to experience happy hour without spending that much money. Pretty awesome. Did you know that Gaffney's has all sorts of inexpensive drink specials? The calamari was really good as well, though I thought the sauce could have used a little more oomph. Preferably more garlic, but that's just me, I could always use a little more garlic. Overall we were very glad that we tried Gaffney's for happy hour. I'll have to go back for a real meal and report back.

Here's to the Savoring Saratoga project...bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment